This is a quick guide, see @alan_butler's original post for more details.
How to become a contributor (so you can reply and post new messages on the website, unmoderated):
- Create a new Posterous account (if you have an account skip this step)
- You can post new topics by email, but your posts will be moderated
- You can 'like' posts but can't create posts or replies via the website -- see step 2 & 3 for that.
- Click the green Subscribe button on http://culturehackie.posterous.com. Make sure you're signed in first.
- You can choose to receive email notifications for new posts or as a daily digest at this point. It's possible to change your preferred email notification settings at any time.
- You can now reply to the posts you receive by email, but your replies will be moderated. (See step 3 to bypass this).
- To upgrade your account from subscriber to contributor, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An admin will add you as a contributor and you'll then also be able to create new posts and replies on the website.
- Your posts and replies (both via email and the website) will be published instantly without moderation.
- (Optional) Introduce yourself by replying to this thread.
Feel free to get in touch with any ideas or suggestions. We've started a mindmap to try to organise some of the ideas that have been suggested already, so feel free to contribute there if you can: